Thursday, April 14, 2011

Abraham Lincoln quality, that.

I saw Mike today, as I walked back to my dorm from the j-school and he walked over to his car from the computer science building. We waved.
That's it. Waved without pausing, either of us, an entire street width apart with no goofy runs toward each other in anticipation. I don't even know if we smiled.
*headdesk that turns into a minor sob*

Tonight was my dorm's end-of-the-year banquet. I bit the bullet (the over-salted black olives) and actually went to the goddamn thing.
It was anticlimactic, as was my last radio station meeting ever. My sentiment's run dry. That's probably a good thing, or at least protective.
I keep trying to remember HEY NOW THIS IS THE LAST ONE as college things start to fall like dominoes, but I just can't find enough poetic nostalgia lying around to care.

2 comments: