Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hairy shins.

I lost it yesterday when I saw a picture BF posted of himself to show how nice the weather's gotten around here. Cargo shorts, hairy legs, white New Balances, full length white socks pulled all the way up. With lowtops. Boy, if it's cold enough to cover your shins, you should wear jeans. Pull down your goddamn socks.
That's always bothered me.
But it made me remember the good parts about being with him in the summer. They're boring to talk about and chances are you can guess like 95% of them, but it got me depressed anyway because talking about them is not the point; it's the feelings I miss like hell, okay?



Janis understands.

In other news, I got to talk with real live authors about anti-heroes and post apocalypic wastelands yesterday.
Today, I've gotten in a Facebook message conversation with a boy I met at one of the radio station dance parties like two years ago. I went to one on a weekend BF was roboting out of town, dance with this guy, and then felt guilty all around when I told him I had a boyfriend. Avoided the hell out of Facebook for a weekend. Which was easy when my boyfriend got back.
Now Dance Guy is going in for the kill, I think, with strategic questions about what I do for fun on the weekends and--
...And there it goes. "So the last time I talked to you, you were dating this guy for a long time. What happen with that?"
I don't know why I do this. I don't want to want attention. I want to be happy staying in by myself on Fridays and Saturdays. Or else immediately jump to the same comfort zone I had with BF. I want to go binary.

No comments:

Post a Comment