Thursday, February 10, 2011

Unexpected dialogue.

My coat smells like coffee.
I just got back from playing chess with Cape in a coffeeshop just off campus. He easily beat me in our two games. "The more you fight this, the more I enjoy it. ...That sounds way worse than I meant it."

Mike and Suitemate met me for the 6pm movie after they went on an officially sanctioned date. They both agreed to another chance with each other. I think right now they're dating but not in a relationship. A small part of my soul died a little when Mike told me that.
But. They're happy. That's good. By their third or fourth date, I will be able to go "aww" at the thought. It'll just take a small amount of time and they don't have to know that.

After the movie, Cape was outside waiting so he and Mike could go to the latest radio station training meeting. I walked them up, they sit down, and Cape goes, "You know, I just realized, I don't really want to do this anymore." He walks out. Spluttering, and because that's where I was going anyway, I followed him.
We ended up walking around campus, circling the library a couple times while I let all the rants I've put up on here (except for the Bluetooth sexytime ones; I'm not THAT indiscreet) explode out of me. Cape's not fond of Mike + Suitemate either because he doesn't think Mike actually likes Suitemate.
Are we suppose to save him? Her? Is that our place? (No, by the way. It's his/her own damn life.)

At one point after he'd been talking about his religion and how it affects his views on homosexuality because that's part of the Bible too, I said, "I should get this over with. I'm a bisexual atheist."
Apparently, "Before you had a face in my mind, you were Atheist Melanie." Oh. Good show, then.
I walked him to his car, he said he'd drive me back, we both said we wanted to avoid work we needed to do, he mentioned chess at the coffeeshop. Bingo. Er, checkmate.
He plays the keytar and bass, has never heard a song that couldn't use more synth. I...maybe it's a good thing he doesn't want to share his music on air. He let me listen to his iPod while we were playing chess and I let him listen to the new Kanye West album I had in my CD player in his car. Neither one of us was overly impressed, but I liked talking with him.
No future plans made. Eh, we'll see

I didn't get to play him this, which after seven weeks I've finally decided is my favorite song off of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Maybe:

No comments:

Post a Comment